INGREDIENTS of Avocado and Tuna Tapas
Omega-3 fatty acids in Tuna helps in bringing balance in the blood vessels, reducing cholesterol in the arteries. As such, the heart is able to efficiently carry out its function such as distribute blood throughout the body, maintaining good health. On the other hand, Tuna is rich in potassium, known for lowering blood pressure. Omega-3 fatty acids with potassium both bring an anti-inflammatory effect to the cardiovascular system, benefiting by lowering blood pressure, consequently the risk of stroke and heart attacks.
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups roughly chopped ripe tomatoes, then used cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups roughly chopped cucumbers, I used persian cucumbers
- 2 red or yellow peppers, cut into chunks
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces feta, drain and crumbed
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
INSTRUCTIONS for Avocado and Tuna Tapas
- In a small bowl, then whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl. combine all of the vegetables and gently toss them together. After that Pour the Greek vinaigrette over the vegetables, and again, gently toss to coat them. Crumble the feta over the salad and then very gently toss the cheese into the vegetables.
- Taste and adjust for more freshly ground black pepper if desired. And then Serve immediately at room temperature, or chill before serving.