Is garlic good for stroke patients? I Garlic Is A Natural Blood Thinner
Yes, garlic is good for stroke patients.
The American Stroke Association lists garlic as an essential herb to include in routine stroke care. According to their website, the association recommends that it be used at low levels, starting approximately 3 months after a patient has experienced a major head injury. The American Stroke Association also lists garlic as an essential herb for stroke patients that suffer from dementia. In this condition, the brain has shrunk and patients often experience anxiety spells or confusion.
Garlic can boost mental alertness, reduce inflammation, and help block strokes from occurring. Garlic contains a sulfur compound called “Allium sativum”
How does garlic prevent stroke?
Garlic is a rich source of allicin, which is an antioxidant that can help prevent strokes.
Garlic is an effective natural supplement that can be used to prevent strokes. It contains many antioxidants and compounds that are known to help lower blood pressure, reduce cholesterol levels, and increase insulin sensitivity.
There are many benefits of garlic such as:
- Garlic helps protect against heart disease by lowering LDL cholesterol levels and improving the quality of your blood.
- It lowers blood pressure by increasing nitric oxide levels in the body which dilates blood vessels, making it easier for oxygen-rich red blood cells to enter and deliver nutrients to the body’s tissues.
- Garlic also has anti-clotting properties which help improve insulin sensitivity by preventing platelets from clumping together in arteries causing a clot that could potentially lead to a stroke or heart attack.
How does garlic work to prevent strokes?
- Garlic is a natural blood thinner.
- It helps prevent clots from forming in the blood vessels.
- It can also help prevent heart attacks and strokes.
What are the benefits of eating garlic for stroke patients?
Garlic is a natural antibiotic that can help fight bacterial infections.
Some of the benefits of eating garlic for stroke patients are:
- It helps prevent blood clots and heart attacks by thinning the blood.
- Improves brain function by reducing inflammation in the brain, which is associated with cognitive decline.
- It has anti-clotting properties that can help stop bleeding and reduce swelling.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helps lower blood pressure and heart rate.
- Can help prevent clots from forming in the arteries.
- Garlic is an antioxidant that can help protect cells from damage due to free radicals.
- It also helps with inflammation, an issue many stroke patients experience as they recover from the event.